If you're unfamiliar with Mish & Kirk of We Live We Explore, consider yourself spared from some serious travel envy. Fellow Aussies and adventure enthusiasts, we recently collaborated with this talented duo to showcase some of our favourite Vintage Rose styles.
Keep track of their latest looks and worldly nooks on Instagram at @weliveweexplore, and read our interview with the sweet & stylish couple below.
Mahiya Muse: We Live We Explore
Mish wears the Romance Skirt in Black Rose.
After all the stunning places you've explored, what are your top travel priorities left on the list?
- Sri Lanka: looking to be our next overseas travel destination
- India (Indian food is Mish’s absolute favourite!)
- Huge road-trip around Australia in a van / camper!
- Hawaii: some of the mountain hiking looks incredible
- Greece: we didn’t make it to Greece during our Euro trip last year and it’s a huge regret!
Where is your favourite place - or places - to spend a weekend getaway in South Australia?
- Anywhere along the coast, so many beautiful beaches and swimming holes if you know where to look!
- Mount Crawford Pine Forest, endless pines and walking trails - so nice for winter camping.
- Port Elliot, a beautiful spot where you will regularly spot whales, dolphins, and sea lions.
- Barossa Valley & McLaren Vale, two beautiful wine regions, approximately an hour away from the city centre with hundreds of vineyards and cellar doors to explore.
- Adelaide Hills, filled with local farmers' markets on the weekends, and historic style pubs. Not to mention breathtaking views!
What do you look for when making style choices for a trip, either locally or abroad?
How does travelling as a couple make things easier or more difficult?
We're aware of your passion for sustainable living. What can local residents do to support these efforts?
- Don’t use any single-use plastic: buy reusable water bottles, and use metal or wooden straws!
- Buy local from food to fashion. We love to support small and local businesses, or Australian farmers and brands wherever possible.
- Invest in a reusable coffee cup.
- Implement compost and recycling principles at home.
- We love growing our own herbs in the garden!
- When travelling, walk everywhere rather than driving (less fuel pollution and you get to see so much more!)
- Eat less meat: I’m a vegetarian and Kirk rarely eats meat, and whenever he does he ensures it’s locally and sustainably sourced.
- Make the switch to natural products such as hand wash, dishwashing liquid, face and body products.
- Make a conscious effort to pick up any rubbish you may see on the beach, even if it’s not your own.
- Always bringing a reusable shopping bag with you, you never know!
Big thank you to the lovely Mish & Kirk, and be sure to tag us in your style photos at #mahiyamuse for a chance to be featured!